Ode to a posy of flowers sitting on my desk
Oh, pretty, pretty posy, what power you do have, to brighten what was bland and boring, with your colour and panache. You are light and winsome, my desk is hefty and brown, so you sit there ever so pleasantly, shedding whimsy all around.
Most recent posts
- Postcards and office cubicles
- It was night time, I was a woman alone, and I went to investigate the unknown noise in my aubergine flannel jumpsuit
- Summer evening sun
- The book-lover’s Christmas tree
- A rose for secrecy (design history)
- The 15 little daily things that make life good!
- Today’s Google image is of William Tell – who was he?
- Running to lose yourself, or is it to find yourself?
- Megan’s UK diary: Ted Hughes Arvon Centre, Lumb Bank, West Yorkshire. The art of life writing.